C++ / Qt / QML Developer
Mixlr is an audio broadcasting company, providing rock solid, professional live audio services to thousands of content creators each month. Working at Mixlr is empowering, fast paced and rewarding: we’re a talented, technology focused team with a passion for building great products, from designing and building powerful broadcast apps to seamlessly distributing live audio to millions of listeners.
About the role
As a C++/Qt/QML developer you will be responsible for maintaining and developing our main broadcast client. With tens of thousands of monthly active users, and as the main point of entry for all live audio content on our service, our broadcast app is arguably the single most important product that Mixlr offers.
You'll be working closely with the product and design team to maintain and support our current client, and developing new features to enhance the broadcasting experience. To satisfy our cross-platform development needs we make use of recent version of Qt and its libraries, while the core of the application is built in C++.
Experience working with audio and/or video processing or digital signal processing is an advantage, but not a prerequisite. This role is a great opportunity to develop your existing skills in a fast paced, exciting work environment where you will see your code being utilised immediately by a global user base.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical working experience (3+ years preferred)
- Deep knowledge of C++, and best practices in software development
- Experience with Qt/QML/PortAudio and testing Qt/QML applications
- Experience with build tools and a continuous delivery pipeline
- Excellent problem solving skills and high attention to detail
- Fluent with Git and Unix based environments
- Proactiveness, good communication skill and willingness to grow as an engineer
- Self-driven, open to collaboration and able to work independently
- Conscious about the security implications of shipping code to millions of devices
- Experience in mobile (iOS/Android) development is a plus
- Bonus points if you have experience working with audio drivers!
- A high level of autonomy - we believe in empowering people to follow their instincts
- An open, welcoming and fun work environment
- A fantastic office, plus spectacular rooftop terrace and bar situated in the heart of East London
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A regular slot on our in-house radio station
- Friday beers with tech talks and knowledge share
- Quarterly kick-off events