Mixlr provides rock-solid solutions for streaming, sharing and hosting live audio content.
These lightweight but robust apps enable anyone to broadcast their live events from anywhere, and to be distributed to a limitless audience, everywhere.
About the role
As a full-stack developer you will be working across Mixlr’s stack, supporting our current applications and contributing to and validating new product ideas, designing new solutions, and constantly striving to improve the standards we set as an engineering team.
Working at Mixlr is challenging and hugely rewarding, with millions of users relying on your code each month. We’re hooked on translating complex structures and workflows into a simple and elegant process; impassioned by our customers’ response and feedback; and dedicated to building great products.
You will be supported and encouraged to make decisions and get involved in areas beyond engineering so there will be plenty of opportunity to grow your skill set.
This is a great role for someone looking to have a huge impact in shaping Mixlr’s story. We are building the future of online radio and this role will be central to achieving our goals.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical working experience (3+ years preferred)
- Fluent with Git and Unix based environments
- Understanding of solid Object-Oriented Programming and the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with RSpec, building RESTFul APIs and async processing (we use Resque)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, AWS, Puppet, Jenkins, Nginx and HAProxy
- Excellent problem solving skills and high attention to detail
- Proactiveness, good communication and willingness to grow as an engineer
- Self-driven, open to collaboration and able to work independently
- Conscious about the security implications of running web applications
- Experience with Docker/Vagrant is a plus
- A high level of autonomy - we’re flexible with working hours and empower you to follow your instincts
- An open, welcoming and fun work environment
- A great office neighbouring other creative residents, plus spectacular rooftop terrace and bar situated in the heart of East London
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Choice of hardware
- A regular slot on our in-house radio station
- Friday beers, sometime featuring tech talks, knowledge-shares or team side projects
- Quarterly kick-off events