Mixlr is an audio broadcasting company, providing rock solid, professional live audio services to thousands of content creators each month. Working at Mixlr is empowering, fast paced and rewarding: we’re a talented, technology focused team with a passion for building great products, from designing and building powerful broadcast apps to seamlessly distributing live audio to millions of listeners.
About the role
As a front-end developer your role will be building, testing and enhancing user facing features for the Mixlr website. You’ll be supporting our current application, used by millions of visitors worldwide, and collaborating directly with our product team to build, test and fine tune new features. You will own your own code throughout the product development process so your responsibilities will include writing automated tests and working with our community team to understand users’ concerns and fix any problems they encounter.
Mixlr’s large and active user base will provide instant feedback on the changes you implement which makes working at Mixlr challenging, exhilarating and satisfying.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a developer looking to take their career to the next level with a dynamic, fast growing company. You’ll be leading the development of the front-end of our next wave of features, helping to shape and define the Mixlr experience for millions of end users.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical, working experience (3+ years preferred)
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks (our API is written in Ruby on Rails)
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues, client-side performance considerations, especially around the HTML Audio API, and the security implications of having your code running on millions of devices.
- Excellent problem solving skills and high attention to detail
- Proactiveness, good communication skills and willingness to grow as an engineer
- Self-driven, open to collaboration and able to work independently
- Design skills are a major plus!
- A high level of autonomy - we believe in empowering people to follow their instincts
- An open, welcoming and fun work environment
- A fantastic office, plus spectacular rooftop terrace and bar situated in the heart of East London
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A regular slot on our in-house radio station
- Friday beers with tech talks and knowledge share
- Quarterly kick-off events
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!