Mixlr is an audio broadcasting company, providing rock solid, professional live audio services to thousands of content creators each month. Working at Mixlr is empowering, fast paced and rewarding: we’re a talented, technology focused team with a passion for building great products, from designing and building powerful broadcast apps to seamlessly distributing live audio to millions of listeners.
About the role
As a full-stack developer you will be working across Mixlr’s stack, supporting our current applications and contributing to and validating new product ideas, designing new solutions, and constantly striving to improve the standards we set as an engineering team.
Working at Mixlr is challenging and hugely rewarding, with millions of users relying on your code each month. You will be supported and encouraged to make decisions and get involved in areas beyond engineering so there will be plenty of opportunity to grow your skillset.
This is a great role for someone looking to have a huge impact in a fast growing company. We are building the future of online radio and this role will be central to achieving our goals.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical working experience (3+ years preferred)
- Fluent with Git and Unix based environments
- Understanding of solid Object-Oriented Programming and the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with RSpec, building RESTFul APIs and async processing (we use Resque)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, AWS, Puppet, Jenkins, Nginx and HAProxy
- Excellent problem solving skills and high attention to detail
- Proactiveness, good communication and willingness to grow as an engineer
- Self-driven, open to collaboration and able to work independently
- Conscious about the security implications of running web applications
- Experience with Docker/Vagrant is a plus
- A high level of autonomy - we believe in empowering people to follow their instincts
- An open, welcoming and fun work environment
- A fantastic office, plus spectacular rooftop terrace and bar situated in the heart of East London
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A regular slot on our in-house radio station
- Friday beers with tech talks and knowledge share
- Quarterly kick-off events
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!